Spring is not far away! Are you looking for a new and exciting way to explore and enjoy the picturesque Lake of the Ozarks? Watersports are a great way to get out on the water and have fun. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day of fishing or an adrenaline-filled day of wakeboarding, the Lake of the Ozarks is the perfect place for all kinds of watersports. With its beautiful and serene waters, the lake provides the perfect backdrop for a day of watersports.
This guide will provide you with helpful tips to make the most out of your watersports adventure at Lake of the Ozarks. So, grab your gear, and let’s get started!
Types of watersports at Lake of the Ozarks
There are many different types of watersports at Lake of the Ozarks. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing fishing excursion or an adrenalin-filled wakeboarding trip, the lake has a range of watersports to choose from. This section will cover some of the more common watersports you can participate in at the lake.
- Boating and water skiing – Boating at Lake of the Ozarks is one of the most popular recreational activities in Missouri. You can cruise around and enjoy all the amazing waterfront restaurants and bars at the lake. And you can rent a boat at the lake if you don’t have one. So you can float, ski, or explore this massive lake all day for several days! Pro Tip: When I got a boat, I searched for boat lifts near me to find a slip to rent with a boatlift. That was a very good decision!
- Kayaking and Canoeing – Kayaking and canoeing are terrific ways to explore the lake and get an easy, low-impact workout at the same time. Plus, you can stop and swim wherever you want. And kayak fishing has become quite popular here in the past few years.
- Fishing – Fishing lets you take a breath, relax, and really enjoy the lake. Lake of the Ozarks offers some of the best fishing in the U.S.
- Wakeboarding – Wakeboarding is an adrenaline-filled watersport that is a great way to experience the lake at a heart-pounding pace.
Parasailing – Being pulled behind a boat, the wind hoists you high as you sail up to 500 feet high! From this vantage point, you can take in amazing views as you parasail at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Safety tips for Watersports at Lake of the Ozarks
There are several safety tips you should keep in mind when participating in watersports at the lake. First and foremost, make sure to use safety gear. This includes helmets, lifejackets, and gloves where applicable when practicing watersports. Also, make sure you’re aware of the weather. When it is hot out or when it is raining, watersports can be dangerous. Storms can come up quickly on Lake of the Ozarks, even when weather reports don’t show them as a possibility.
Heavy boating, jet skiing, and large wakes can pose a danger on the lake, so always be extremely mindful of your surroundings.
Essential Items to Bring on Your Watersports Adventure
- Lifejackets – You’ll want to make sure you have a life jacket or two on hand if you’re participating in any watersports.
- Binoculars – While you can fish and look out across the lake with your eyes, binoculars will help you spot the fish you’re trying to catch.
- Snacks – Even though you’ll likely be out on the lake for several hours, you’ll want to make sure to bring plenty of snacks to keep you going. This includes items such as granola bars, crackers, nuts, and water.
- Towels and sunscreen – Even though the lake is a beautiful place to visit, it is still very hot. Make sure to bring plenty of sunscreen and towels to stay cool and dry on the lake.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day of fishing or an adrenaline-filled day of wakeboarding, the Lake of the Ozarks is the perfect place to take part in all kinds of watersports. With its beautiful and serene waters, the lake provides the perfect backdrop for an enjoyable day of watersports.
Be safe so you can have the best day possible. So, grab your gear and make a plan!